Thursday, April 30, 2009

Not "new" but fun!

Still no stamping time for me but I do have a couple of cards to share. My sister's 40th birthday was this week and so I can now share the cards I made for her.

When I saw this Penny Black stamp (Chicks night out), I knew it was just perfect for the card!!



Stamps - Penny Black Chicks night out, SU! Congrats (SAB set)


Cardstock & Paper - Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, So SAffron, Old Olive textured, Chocolate Chip. Haiku DP (love this pattern!)


Inks - Stazon Black, SU! markers in LOTS of colors


Accessories - Scallop edge punch, Tangerine Tango ribbon, Dimensionals, Crystal effects (on wine glasses) and gold pen.


The floor was done by coloring with a marker (Creamy Caramel I think) and then using a Chocolate Chip marker to draw in floorboards.



I am a Sophie/Riley (Hanna stamps) addict and adore Spa Sophie. Since my sister loves a little Spa pampering, I made this card for my girls to send to their favorite Auntie!




Stamps - Spa Sophie (Hanna stamps), SU! Absolutely Fabulous


Cardstock & DP- Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue. Delicate Dots DP


Inks - Brown Stazon, Chocolate Chip, SU! markers


Accessories - Blue fun flock (for bathrobe and towel), Prima Flowers, Pastel brads, SU! Scallop edge punch, Scallop circle punch, circle punch, crystal effects (on foot spa)


While it is fun to make things that appeal only to me, one of the things I love most about making cards is that I can usually find stamps etc. that "fit" with a person. For example, this Super Moose Riley card I made for a friend of Anwyn's who turns 4 this weekend. He is having a Superhero party and I know this will make him smile.




Then we have the super-girlie cards made using Stamping Bella Chichiboulie fairies for some friends of Rhiannon. They are twins who turned 6 a few weeks ago and they are real girlie-girls (notice the use of my favorite Tea Party DP in the first card. I will be stocking up on this whether it is retiring or not!).




1 comment:

  1. OMG! That "Chicks Night Out" is so stinkin' cute I MUST have it! Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete